Sunday, June 10, 2007

Big Sister

Reagan can do so many big girl things now it's scary. Her latest deed was learning how to take Connor out of his crib. Safely. I gave her instructions and watched as she followed them. She's pretty good at it too.

She loves to help me with Connor, and she's equally excited about helping me clean her bathroom. The other day she was about to get upset because she thought I wasn't going to let her clean the counter in her bathroom!

Reagan and Connor were enjoying some time in the front yard while I cleaned out my truck.

Reagan also dotes on Sean. The doting has increased quite a bit since she finished up the school year. It's really cute. Although I think a better word would be amazing. It seems like we live in a day when too many people don't encourage sibling love and respect. It's definitely encouraged and taught in our home and so far the kids are living out that teaching.

If you can't tell from the sign, this was taken on our recent trip to SeaWorld. I may have actually posted this same picture earlier, but I don't remember. The salient point here is that Reagan and Sean posed like this for numerous pictures on that trip.

Connor knows he's in good hands.

I just remembered something. This weekend Reagan had the opportunity to spend the night at my folks' house. Sean wasn't able to stay and was upset because he was going to miss her. I assured him that he would fall asleep in the car on the way home and as soon as he got up in the morning we'd be back up at Mama and Papa's and he'd see Reagan again.

So this morning on the way there he asked who we were going to see. I listed off Aunt Katherine, Aunt Becca, Uncle Matt, Aunt Savannah, Uncle Philip, Anastasia and Lorien. To which he replies, 'and Reagan too?'

As we were turning onto my parent's street he commented, 'I can't wait to see Reagan again.'

No comments: