Sunday, April 06, 2008

Cinnamon-Pecan Buttermilk Waffles

So, I have a bunch of pecans in the pantry and Damian wants to know what I'm going to do with all of them. I hadn't really decided yet, so he suggested making some Cinnamon-Pecan Waffles.

I knew I wanted them to be buttermilk waffles as well, since I love buttermilk pancakes and also happened to have some in my refrigerator. I did a search and came up with a few good looking recipes, but none of them had all three constituent parts I was looking for. So I compared a few recipes and saw that the main ingredients were basically the same, so I was able to combine the parts I wanted into my own recipe (which turned out really darn good!):

Cinnamon-Pecan Buttermilk Waffles

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 T baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 T brown sugar
1 1/2 t cinnamon
4 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (toasting is optional)

Preheat waffle iron.

Sift together first 6 ingredients, set aside.

Beat eggs in standing mixer until pale yellow. Stir in buttermilk, mix well.

Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until smooth. Stir in butter until smooth.

Stir in pecans.

Pour into waffle iron (my iron takes approx. 1/3 cup of batter per side). Enjoy with syrup!

These were some of the best flavored waffles I've ever had. They weren't too sweet and the pecans really stood out.

Try them and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sounds yummy. Wish I had a waffle iron!