Thursday, August 14, 2008

Radom Thought

I love it when things like this happen! Yesterday the kids and I met my friend Julie and her kids at Dig Park. We were there for 3 1/2 hours! I don't think I've ever stayed at a park that long before. The kids had a really great time. Sean was able to make some new 'guy' friends and I got to have some mommy time.

Anyway, we got there around 9:30 and didn't leave until close to 1:00. So Connor didn't go down for his nap until almost 2:30. That's when he's usually waking up from his nap! He ended up sleeping til after 5 and was then up until 10ish. Sometimes it's hard to stick him in bed, even when he should be there, bc he's so darn cute when he's tired! He was being very cuddly with mommy and daddy.

Well, for some reason he decided to wake up at his normal time this morning, which was before 7:00. He was pretty tired still, and a little cranky. So around 8:30 the kids and I took a half hour walk down the street. It was already almost too hot to do so (but we're having company tonight so it was the only time to get a walk done). Well, I had to take care of a few things when we got home and Connor was playing nicely with Reagan and Sean. So I grabbed his blanket and walked up to him and said, "Ok, Connor, it's time for your nap." And he picked up the toys he was playing with and walked right into his room and to his crib. No fussing, crying or anything.

I took off his shoes, gave him his blanket, water and toys that had fallen out, and left the room. Not a peep from him. He'll be out like a light soon enough, if not already. I am always thankful when naptime goes that smoothly! He doesn't usually whine or fuss too much anyway, but he certainly doesn't always walk in when I tell him it's naptime. The other cool thing is he so clearly knew exactly what I was saying to him.

No comments: