Friday, March 13, 2009

Monkey Cake


Our friend who moved to California had a birthday on March 1st. A couple of weeks before, I was making banana bread and he hinted that he would like so. So I decided to make him some banana bread and send it to him for his birthday.

When I told Damian, he said I should do more than just send banana bread, so I figured I would throw some cookies in with it. Well, when Sean got wind of this, he said I should make the monkey cake! That's because the cake is a banana cake. So Sean figured we could cover all the bases with a monkey cake (he had also decided he wanted this cake for his birthday party).

So I decided to do it. I won't go into all the details, but I did overnight FedEx this cake to California. There were some chocolate chip cookies thrown in as well (and some of them were even sandwiched with frosting in the middle!). Dave was very surprised and said everything got there perfect! I wish I had asked him to take some pictures when he took it out of the box. Oh well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: