Monday, August 13, 2007

A Much Needed Change

Ok, so we've been in our new house for over 2 years now (yes, it's still the NEW house) and I've just now found the perfect curtains for my front window! Better yet, they were a steal at JC Penny, which happened to be having a sale this past week. I think I went there at least 5 times, returning, purchasing, etc.

The curtains make the space look a lot more like me and Damian, and less like our stuff in Tom's house!



I took the 2 center leaves out of our dining room table today and realized how much smaller it is without them! Course it does open up a bit more space in our dining area.


On Monday, August 20th, the kids and I will be starting our homeschool adventure. We decided to turn the living room into a school room. So we moved our blue furniture into the den. Due to a much longer story about my cat (including some sort of seizure or stroke) we had to get rid of our leather couch. I think the blue couch looks much better in its place.

Oh, and the lovely painting above the blue chair is Frances Chandler, my Mama. It was painted while she and Papa were in the Philippines in 1953.


Kat took the picture of the red flower upon my request. It was supposed to make it on the wall of my bedroom in the old house. That didn't quite happen, but I'm glad it's finally found a home.


Two additions to the Love wall are my wedding picture (in a much nicer frame) and an awesome picture of Becca, Matt and Anastasia (taken by Kat of course). Although I think this wall will undergo a bit of a transformation in the near future when I get some pictures I need.


I'll post some pictures of the school room once it's done. Right now I still need to get an art table in there, move a bookcase, put a white board up on the wall, and a couple other things.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Looks great Liz. Is this the first year that you've homeschooled? I think we're going to start sometime this year. Dana's a late-August birthday, so no pressure right now. I'm nervous though and anxious to build up a better teaching relationship with Dana. Basically, I need to give up my me-time when the girls are sleeping and devote more after-bedtime hours to prep, but OUCH. It hurts. ;)