Monday, February 18, 2008

Leighton

Damian and I are happy to announce the birth of our nephew



Leighton Reaves Cleon McClure
February 16, 2008
11:12 pm
8lb. 6oz.
19 1/2 inches



Leighton's name comes from several sources. His first name is the masculine form of my sister Savannah's middle name. Reaves is my maternal grandmother's maiden name. Cleon is his father's middle name, and paternal grandfather's first name. So, this boy is chock full of family names!



This is keeping with the Katherine baby naming tradition of using family names. Her daughter, Lorien Swann (above with her new baby brother), takes into account Rebecca's middle name (Lorien) and our mother's maiden name (Swann). I don't know what other names Kat has picked out for future children. Leroy Terrell?? Elizabeth Lynn??
(I'm just picking on Kat at this point)


No comments: