Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Have some leftover spaghetti sauce?

I've made this recipe twice now. Once quite awhile ago, and then again tonight. I'm going to make sure I add it to my list of recipes to use a few days after I've made spaghetti. I almost always make way too much spaghetti sauce. And it's nothing too fancy either. I just saute some veggies, brown some meat, throw in a jar of Classico sauce, and sometimes add another can of tomato sauce.

Anyway, on to what to do if you have a bit leftover!

Creamy Chicken Lasagna

3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 cube chicken bouillon
1/4 C. hot water
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce (this is obviously where I use my homemade sauce)

1. Place noodles in a 13x9 inch baking dish. Bring approx. 6 cups of water to a boil. Pour over noodles. Add 1/2 T. olive oil and let sit for 15 minutes. Separate noodles with a fork as needed.

2. Cut chicken into several pieces. Season with Everglades Seasoning (or whatever type of seasonings you like/have on hand). Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add some olive oil. Cook chicken until browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove from pan and shred with 2 forks.

3. Heat oven to 350. Dissolve bouillon in hot water. In a large bowl, mix together the bouillon, chicken, cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella.

4. Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan. Cover with 1/2 chicken mixture and top with 3 lasagna noodles, repeat. Top with remaining sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese.

5. Cover with aluminum foil, sprayed with cooking spray to prevent sticking, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ooo. Sounds yummy. We love lasagna and I usually have lots of sauce leftover too. Sometimes I make a triple batch and freeze the leftovers. We never get sick of spaghetti!